Interns at Rosie’s Place work alongside staff, joining in our efforts to improve the lives of poor and homeless women. Interns gain valuable non-profit experience, enhance academic studies and provide community service. All internships are unpaid, but some students receive financial support or course credit through their colleges.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle a variety of demands in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized
- Passion for social justice and a commitment to furthering the mission of Rosie's Place
Spring 2020 Fundraising Internship:
The spring intern will commit to about 20 hours per week between January and the end of May. Exact hours vary but are sometime between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. See description below and click here to apply.
Looking for Summer 2020 Internships? Rosie's Place Summer Internships are full-time, unpaid, 10-week placements in various departments throughout the organization. Check back in February 2019 for available positions and to apply.
Since Rosie’s Place accepts no government funding, fundraising and positive communications are critical to our ability to provide hope for poor and homeless women. We raise $9 million annually through a variety of means including direct mail, grant writing, and special events such as a 1,700-attendee corporate luncheon and spring gala. The Communications team raises awareness and burnishes the image of Rosie’s Place through media and public relations, marketing and publications.
Fundraising intern responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with event planning including correspondence and phone solicitation
- Placing news stories and creating a social media presence
- Performing administrative tasks
- Providing support for our annual Safe & Sound Gala fundraiser taking place in May 2019
- Providing support for our annual Funny Women, Serious Business fundraiser
- Learning how to use Raiser’s Edge and Luminate fundraising software