Take Action with Rosie's Place!
2019 Municipal Election
Boston and other cities and towns are holding municipal elections in 2019. Election Day in Boston is November 5and polls are open from 7am to 8pm. Rosie’s Place has prepared an election guide which includes questions asked to the At-Large candidates for Boston City Council. In addition, MassVOTE has a list of additional elections across MA. Find your polling location at www.wheredoivotema.com, and watch our candidate forum here.
Rosie's Place 2019-2020 Priorities
- Dental Access - H.1916 Rep. Hogan | S.1215 Sen. Chandler
- Closing the SNAP Gap - H.1173 Rep. Livingstone | S.678 Sen. DiDomenico
- Rent Arrearage Assistance Program – H.1264 Rep. Decker
- Safe Place to Sleep - H.1265 Rep. Decker
- Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT), line item 7004-9316, FY20 request $27,000,000, including language to fund a pilot Rent Arrearage Assistance Program
- Mass. Rental Voucher Program (MRVP), line item 7004-9024, FY20 request $130,000,000, including language to adjust Fair Market Rates, which are currently set to 2005 levels, to 2019 levels
- Emergency Assistance Family Shelters and Services (EA), line item 7004-0101, FY20 request $180,000,000, including adding language to make sure no family sleeps in a place not suitable for human habitation
- Healthy Incentives Program (HIP), line item 4400-1001, FY20 request $8,500,000
- Common Application/SNAP Gap Closure Pilot, to create a pilot program for individuals to apply for Masshealth and SNAP at the same time
|2019-2020 Legislative Priorities||FY2020 Budget Priorities|
Accomplishments in this Legislation Session
- Lift the Cap on Kids - H.104 Rep. Decker | S.37 Sen. DiDomenico - On April 25, 2019, the MA Legislature near unanimously overrode Governor Baker’s veto of the legislation to “Lift the Cap on Kids,” officially making it into law. Families impacted by this now-repealed law will possibly see an increase to their cash benefits after September 2019 that will be retroactive to January 2019.
Beyond our Priorities